On "Demo Day," Shapers "pitched" their community projects in front of YGLs and World Economic Forum community friends. We then broke into small groups to workshop the projects and get feedback and advice from YGLs and friends. The event strengthened our projects and helped build relationships across our communities.
- The four active project teams presented (see presentations for (Come Back Home, Prom at the Palace, Cuba 2016, and Health Equality for Transgender Communities). We then broke into small groups with YGLs to brainstorm next steps and possible solutions to current stumbling blocks.
- We celebrated the Civic Hackathon team, which completed its Civic Tech Challenge (see blog post here) on November 7th with Generation Citizen.
- We also flagged projects in their earlier stages: Micro-transit Routes, You(th) Can, and Supporting Minority & Women Startup Founders.
- We announced our application to Shaping Davos on the theme of “Hacking Cities for Social Good.” In collaboration with the Palo Alto Hub, we’ve applied to the World Economic Forum (WEF) to be part of Shaping Davos, which are events that take place and connect to the WEF Annual Meeting in Davos at the end of January. Pending WEF approval, we'll be in touch soon with more information. Anyone interested in helping to plan Shaping Davos, please get in touch with Meghan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To top it all off, we even managed to fit in some socializing and drinks after the event.
Want to learn more about a project, or join a project? Contact our Project Committee Chair Hieu Nguyen at email@example.com.